The Feature Film Finishing Fund helps independent filmmakers over the final hurdle of post production and into cinemas.
What we fund
The final stages of post production for feature-length films that require a theatrical digital finish (full HD or higher).
Grant of up to $60,000 per project can cover:
- Costs associated with Picture completion and grading
- Costs associated with Sound completion (including composition)
- Costs associated with Master outputs and deliverables
Who can apply
New Zealand filmmakers or companies with a project that:
- Is an independently produced* feature length fiction or documentary film.
- Is at locked cut stage.
- A recognised distributor with confirmed arrangements for a general theatrical release in New Zealand; or
- an invitation to screen at either the New Zealand International Film Festival, DocEdge, Resene Architecture and Design Film Festival, or a prestigious international film festival and you have your own comprehensive theatrical distribution plan for New Zealand.
*Independently produced means your film has not received NZFC, NZ On Air or any other government agency (e.g. Creative New Zealand) funding prior for the format that you are applying.
How to apply
Please read the Feature Film Finishing Grant Guidelines for Applicants before registering for an account to apply online at https://funding.nzfilm.co.nz/. The person applying should be your lead producer.
You can invite team members who also have an account to collaborate on the application.
What you need
- Creative material – including copies of the film
- Key personnel – bios of key people
- Rights and contracts
- Distribution plan
- Budget and schedule