Te Tumu Whakaata Taonga The New Zealand Film Commission (NZFC) is looking to recruit an Industry Executive, Kaiwhakahononga Hāpori – Māori and Sustainability - on a fixed term and/or contract basis for six months from late October 2023, to assist with additional policy requirements in administering the Screen Production Rebate.
The role will be based in our Auckland office.
Tasks will include:
- Establishing a database of Māori screen practitioners
- Liaising with industry organisations including Ngā Aho Whakaari and Greenlit
- Working closely with the NZFC Rebate, Screen Attractions and Rautaki Māori teams
- Contributing to writing policy or guidelines for NZFC approach
- Assist in facilitating hui with sector and Iwi/ Māori where required
- Other activities as agreed.
Desirable Skills/Attributes include:
- Knowledge of sustainability practices in the NZ screen industry
- Knowledge of sustainability through a Te Ao Māori world view
- Recent experience of working on international screen projects in New Zealand
- Experience with or extensive networks in the New Zealand screen industry and/ or Māori regional/Iwi/hapu networks
- A high level of cultural competence – Te reo me ōna tikanga Māori
- Competency in report writing for policy, management systems or government.
- Previous experience working with decision-making bodies and an understanding of governance (highly desirable)
- Screen industry or law / policy experience preferable
- Ability to read financial statements and budgets
- An understanding of film financing preferable
- Proven ability to work under pressure and prioritise competing demands
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages, particularly Microsoft Word, Outlook, Word, and Excel and be digitally savvy
- A commitment of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A commitment to a culture of equality, inclusion and diversity
Te Tumu Whakaata Taonga The New Zealand Film Commission welcomes applications from all applicants who meet the relevant criteria. We select staff to join our team based on merit and with disregard to any of gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origins, religious or ethical beliefs, disability, marital or family status, age or sexual orientation. Special needs of applicants will be considered when arranging interviews.
If you would like more information, please email: Virginia.Ng@nzfilm.co.nz.
Please apply online via Seek here with a copy of your CV and a cover letter. Alternatively, please email your application to Virginia.Ng@nzfilm.co.nz
Applications close on 15 September 2023 at 5pm.